Civil Engineering Research News is an essentail android app for civil engineering researchers, which updates recent developments in the field of Construction, Environmental Engineering and Transportation Engineering.
Features : Read articles, Bookmark and share research updates
The app is designed to meet the needs of researchers, all research news are updates from trusted source and has got regular updates. Use the below link to download from Playstore.
Cohesion is said to be attraction between particle of same type or origin, type of soil where there is inter-particular attraction. In these type of soil particles are very fine and it is governed by surface fore rather than its self weight. Also, the friction between the soil will not happen hence shear strength will be contributed by only cohesive force and not internal friction.
Non-cohesive soil -soil with out cohesive force, has coarser particles with self weight governing their behaviour. The soil particle has internal friction and shear strength depends on internal friction between their sand particles.
Most natural soil have both cohesive and frictional force contributes shear strength.
The following are the good properties of brick which helps in building and maintaining the structure safe for longer period
- Colour of the brick should be uniform
- The faces of brick should be plane and should have sharp and right-angled corners.
- Size of the brick should as per the standards (codes) of the country.
- The texture of the brick should be fine, dense and uniform.
- When we struck two bricks it should produce a metallic sound.
- When scratched with finger the brick should not produce any impression over surface.
- The brick should not break when it is dropped from a height of 1m.
- The crushing strength of brick should be equal or greater than 3.5N/mm2.
- The water absorption should not be more than 20% of the weight of the brick. (immersed for 24hours)
- The brick should not show white patches when soaked in water for 24 hours and dry in shade. Presence of white patches indicates the presence of sulphate of calcium, magnesium and potassium.
- The brick should have low thermal conductivity which keeps the home cool in all weather.
- Light weight and hollow bricks provide good sound insulation.
- Fire resistivity is another good quality of brick.
The Concrete Calculator is a software tool used to estimate the quantity of Cement, Sand, Coarse- Aggregate and Water for concrete works. Application has the option to calculate Rectangular -( Slab , Beam & Column Volume ) and Circular - ( Beam & Column Volume ).
Input can be entered in cubic-meter and cubic-feet, output of cement is displayed in kg, quantity of cement and aggregate are in cubic-meter and cubic-feet and required amount of water is calculated in Liters and Gallon.
Portable Version Compatible with all version of Windows
send your feedback to
- Earthwork in Excavation
- Cement Concrete in Foundation
- First Class Brickwork in 1:6 cement sand in foundation and plinth
- 2.5 cm Damp proof course and
- First class brickwork with cement mortar in superstructure
Centre to Centre Length of Walls
Hall and Bed Room1
c.to c. Long walls =6+(2x0.15)+.03+0.3=10.6 m
c.to c. Short walls=5+0.3=5.3 m
Kitchen, bath and Bed Room2
c.to c. Long walls =4+4.3+(0.3x2)+1.4+(2x0.15)=10.6 m
c.to c. Short walls=5+0.3=5.3 m
bath = 1.4+(2x0.1)=1.6 m
Abstract of Quantity
- Earthwork Excavation - 53.46 cu m
- Cement Concrete in Foundation - 23.76 cu m
- Brickwork in Foundation - 23.11 cu m
- Damp proof Course - 24.99 sq m
- Brickwork in superstructure - 87.06 cu m
What is Expandable Clay Aggregate ?
Expandable Clay Aggregate ( ECA ) is a round pellet structure produced by firing natural clay at a temperature of 1200 degree C. This result in forming hard honeycombed structure of interconnecting voids within aggregate. The shape of the material is rounded and size in the range of 0 to 30 mm (approximately)
Property of ECA
- Fire resistant
- Resistance to water absorption
- Low density
- High compressive strength
- Earthquake resistant
- Thermal insulation
- Sound insulation
The material is light in weight, strong and thermal insulated. So it can be easily used in construction projects.
1. 1. ECA Concrete
ECA concrete is economical, and load-bearing capacity is higher than the normal concrete, can be used as
· RCC Wall
· Precast Elements
· RCC Slab
· Wall Pannel
· Block Systems
· Roof Pannels
2. 2. Road and Railway Construction
ECA creates durable roads because of its water absorption capacity
3. 3. Used in water retaining structures
4. 4. ECA reduce the load on land filling walls.
The application is not only limited to construction but extended on roof gardening, agriculture, etc.
|Free Software- Setting out simple curve|
|Elements of a Circular Curve|